In August 2016, Koinonia Institute began a special offer that enable people to start an official KI Small Group which utilizes the Learn the Bible in 24 Hours instructional material through the Koinonia Institute online school. The purpose of this initiative was to:
- Enable KI members to host a small group in their home, church, or public place thus allowing them the opportunity to reach out to their “World with the Word of God.”
- Encourage the shared experience of learning together. We know that there is no better place to mature spiritually than in an environment of intimacy and trust where the participants “may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.”
- Equip others to take what they have learned about leading a KI Small Group so that they can host a small group of their own. KI is all about “equipping the saints for the work of the ministry” so let’s get going.
In its first year of operation, nearly 300 students have been or are currently participating. 28 KI small groups were formed in 10 different States and 5 countries. Several virtual small group classrooms with students from around the world were also formed for students who may not be in an area where they could meet physically as a small group. We have had one KI member from the area affected by the recent hurricane Irma feel led to start a small group in his town as the cleanup and recovery operations start.
We have had 4 small groups finish their studies and 70 students from the various active groups have completed the entire Learn the Bible in 24 Hours course. One of the students who completed the course in a virtual classroom has gone on to start a new small group.
One KI Small Group had a very special connection with our Koinonia House headquarters in Reporoa, New Zealand. All Nations ABA Church in Queenstown utilized the Learn the Bible in 24 Hours series as the content for their mid-week Bible study. They then travelled up to the River Lodge for an intense weekend of teaching so they could complete the whole KI Bronze Medallion program. One unique aspect of this fellowship is that its members are primarily from Brazil. Therefore, they watched and translated live the whole series into Portuguese.
The Learn the Bible in 24 Hours study provides 12 sessions and it is a good starting point for those who desire a comprehensive overview of the Bible. There are always rewards for a diligent student of God’s Word. Please prayerfully consider how you can be involved with us.
KI Small Group Leader Requirements
To become a KI Small Group Leader you need to do the following:
- Complete the KI Bronze Medallion certification.
- Have a current KI Campus Access Pass (CAP) which will be maintained throughout the duration of your KI Small Group experience.
- Complete the KI Small Group Leader’s course.
- Register yourself on the KI Small Groups home page. This will give you a KI Small Group Leader’s membership number. For more information, visit kileaders.info.
- Invite people from “your Jerusalem” to your small group by encouraging them to take advantage of the Special LTB24H KI Small Group’s Offer (shown below).
- Instruct the people you invite to create a student account on the Koinonia Institute main website. Make sure that you remind your group members to use your KI Small Group Leader’s membership number when they register so they can
- get the Special LTB24H Small Group discount and be linked to your online class.
- Lead your group of at least 3 members to completion of the Dr. Chuck Missler’s Learn the Bible in 24 Hours series. This series has 12 sessions in the Old Testament and 12 sessions in the New Testament.
- Agree to submit regular reports of your group’s activities with the KI Small Groups Coordinator.
Special K-Credit Offer
For those interested in completing their KI Silver/Gold Medallion certification, the KI Small Group Leader will earn 2,500 K-Credits for leading a minimum of 3 people to successfully completing the entire LTB24H course (BIB101–1 and BIB101–2). Do this with 3 different groups and you will get a total of 10,000 K-Credits (which is enough to satisfy the Koinonos Track requirements for the KI Silver Medallion).
God Bless You,
KI Small Groups Coordinator