- What is MP3?
- Can I play your MP3 CD-ROMs in my car CD Player?
- Are there CD Players that do play MP3 files?
- What are the system requirements for your CD-ROMs?
- My question is still not answered…
1. What is MP3?
To find out more about MP3, please visit our What Is MP3? page.
2. Can I play your MP3 CD-ROMs in my car CD Player?
Our individual briefing pack CDs are designed to play in normal CD players and also contain MP3 files and notes. However, the rest of our CD-ROMs will not play in traditional CD players. The MP3 files can be downloaded from your computer onto portable Mp3 players now - which can be taken jogging or in the car or wherever you want to go.
MP3 Shopping is a good site for information on MP3 Players.
3. Are there CD Players that do play MP3 files?
Manufacturers are beginning to make both CD and DVD players that also play MP3 files. MP3 CD-ROM players are useful as they allow you to play MP3 files straight from the CD rather than needing to use an intermediary computer to transfer the files on MP3 player. The Portable CD-ROM Players range in price from $250 to as little as $50.00. As far as we know, our CD-ROMs should work in all of these units. This site, for instance, offers a good selection of MP3 players, including those that have all the attachments needed for listening to MP3 files in the car. It is useful to purchase an MP3 CD-ROM player that allows you to fast forward within a track - which is important when you have tracks that are over an hour long.
4. What are the system requirements for your CD-ROMs?
The system requirements for our CD-ROMs are as follows:
- Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME and XP
- Pentium Class 200 Mhz or faster
- 64 Megs of Ram
- CD-ROM drive
- Mac OS 8 or better
- Power Mac with a 604 processor at 150 MHz or faster. G3 recommended.
- CD-ROM drive
- Sound Jam or Quicktime 4.1 or newer.
5. Email Koinonia House
If your question has not been answered, and you still need assistance, Go here to email K-House.