Respecting the privacy of our visitors is among our deepest core values at Koinonia House, and one to which we are committed in all of our interactions with you. We will not sell or offer personal information about any visitor to a third party without the visitor's explicit consent. We will avoid asking for information about you unless you ask for specific services, and only if the information is necessary for us to deliver your request.
What Information We Gather and Track:
There are times when we may need information from you.
- For you to receive email newsletters, we need your name and email address. i.e. The FREE Weekly K-House eNews
- If you purchase a product, we need a full shipping address, and billing information. i.e. The K-House Online Store
- To remove yourself from our email lists, visit the Email List Manager page.
- To stop delivery of the Personal UPDATE NewsJournal, email Customer Service here.
What We Do With the Information We Gather and Track:
The information gathered from the forms you fill out is used in one of three ways:
- To provide you with information about products, services, news, and events
- To allow you to purchase and download products, and
- To gather broad demographic information about user trends.
Koinonia House uses various methods to collect certain other kinds of information including "cookies"; "referrs", IP addresses, and environment variables. Here is how we use these methods:
- A "cookie" is an element of data that a Web site like Koinonia House can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
- It can be used to provide you with tailored information, such as your specific login on the Berean Online Fellowship, and the BOF Message Boards.
- We may use the information to research and understand how our users' habits are similar or different so that we can enhance your experience on the Koinonia House website.
- A "referer" is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and it is automatically gathered by our Web server. This information is used by Koinonia House in order to identify the most traveled paths through the site and improve the over-all design.
- IP addresses are automatically gathered by our Web server. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer and is required so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- Environment variables we gather include time, type of Web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is used only for broad demographic information. This information is used by Koinonia House in identifying broad demographic trends.
Additionally, the Koinonia House site contains links to other Web sites, however, Koinonia House is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Contacting Us about Privacy:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to bring them to our attention at Webmaster Email.